November 09, 2003
I juz realised that almost everybody around my age are movie fans, meaning they go to the movies regularly. I also realised that most people actually remember details of the plot and the more insightful movie quotes. I also found out that for someone like me, who reduced my already meagre contribution to GV/Shaw/Cathay's profit since I was ejected from the mundanity of watching movies with bf, it's still important to stay tuned to the movie scene for accumulating conversational resouces purpose.
I also came to reaffirm for myself the reason why I always believe making new friends at every stage of my life is an extremely important thing. Simply cos it's from new people (who may or may not cross the line from acquaintances to friends) that you come to position yourself accurately in this big world. Old friends let you feel extremely comfortable to be with, cos you know and they know. But new friends, they let you see the other parts of the world thru showing you the little holes of your comfort bubble.
I've often felt small and smaller with every new group of friends I make. Not becos they intimidate me (cept a particular group which I shan't specify hee). But becos in sharing with you their own life experiences, you learn that there are more things you don't know about this place than those you know. That's intriguing.
A drop of water into the ocean may not make a difference to the ocean. But it warrants to give a series of ripples to the other drops around it.
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 01:55